Older Scouts - see Mr Murray and Mr. Michels during troop meetings to volunteer for this campout. Friday night through Sunday morning May 5-7
To: Parents of New Scouts of Troop 99
From: Al Stiles - Troop 99 Scoutmaster
Craig Murray - Asst. Scoutmaster
Fred Michels - Asst. Scoutmaster (Troop 99 New Scout coordinator)
Subject: Troop 99 New Scout Campout 2017
Date: May 6-7 2017
Location: Bellevue State Park - Percheron Barn area
The New Scout Campout will be Saturday May 6, 8:30 am to Sunday May 7, 10:00 am. We will conclude activities by 10:00 am Sunday May 7. All new scouts to Troop 99 are invited and expected to attend. Parents should plan to attend events from 4:00pm through the evening ceremony on Saturday (estimated end at 9:30 – 10:00 pm)
This note will inform you about the planned activities, invite you as Parents to participate in the Induction Ceremony on Saturday night, and provide information so you and your New Scout are prepared for the New Scout Campout.
Action requested of Parents - New Scouts :
1. Have your son confirm with Fred Michels or Craig Murray (asst scoutmaster) at the next Scout meeting on Tuesday that he will be attending the New Scout Campout May 6-7, or by return email to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Fill in and turn in a Medical Form parts A and B (Form C is not required for this activity A parent can fill out all of parts A&B.
3. Boy Scouts of America application ( 3 part carbonless paper form, see any scout master during troop meetings)
4. Encourage your son to read several sections of their Scout Handbook (new for 2016, and available at the Scout Store by the Wilmington waterfront – in front of baseball stadium )
a. Introduction pages covers information for Scout Rank
b. Understand the Scout Oath, Law, Slogan, Motto, Scout Badge
c. Tote N Chit (included Knife Axe Saw), and Fire building)
d. Leave No Trace
5. Please make sure you complete the Youth Protection booklet with your son before Friday May 5, as this may be his first campout as a scout. This booklet is inserted into the cover of the Scout Handbook
7. Please confirm your attendance at Dinner and ceremony Saturday May 6 by paying food fee ($4 /person for Saturday dinner). Please notify Mr. Murray or Mr.Michels or another Asst Scoutmaster by Tuesday May 2 how many will be attending dinner, so we can provide enough food.
8. Note the packing list for your new scout
9. Fill out the Troop 99 Permission slip for the campout and bring it when you arrive Saturday morning. This is available on the troop website at http://www.detroop99.org/docs/Troop99PermissionSlip.pdf
please see the email to new scout parents sent by Fred Michels for additional information